DPS Training/Guard Card Renewal Course
* In Addition to the cost of $50.00 the course also requires a payment of 83.95 to AZ DPS for the License.
The AZ Department of Public Safety requires all Security Guards be licensed in the State of Arizona and go through 8 hours training.
- If your under 18 years of age.
- If you are not a citizen or legal resident who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, whether or not your conviction was set aside and your Civil Rights were restored.
- If you are currently under indictment for a felony.
- If within the last 5 years preceding your application, you have been convicted of any misdemeanors involving:
- Personal Violence
- Misconduct involving a deadly weapon
- Dishonesty or Fraud
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Misconduct
- If you are on parole, community supervision, work furlough, on home arrest, or on release on any other basis.
- If you are named in an outstanding arrest warrant.
- If you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others.
- If you have a disability, which renders you incapable of performing essential functions of the job.
- If you have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a security guard or private investigator without a license if a license is required.
- If you were discharged from the armed services of the U.S. under other than honorable conditions.
- AZ State Legislature – 32-2609 – Good cause exceptions for felony offenses.